Dr. “Let it Flow” Clem Harrod and I decided to do a co-interview today with our guest, serial entrepreneur, husband, father and computer scientist, Mr. Tom Sylvester. Tom’s the founder of SerialStartups.co, among several other businesses, including a real estate firm and wine/liquor store, that he and his wife Ariana own and operate out of the Rochester, New York area.
Serial Startups is a community for people that want to start one or more businesses to achieve their goals and secure their desired lifestyle, a resource they wish they would have had when starting their first business, and I tell ya there’s a TON of value on this site. Tom & Ariana host an amazing podcast that goes by the same name as well.
So Clem and I talk with Tom in depth about the idea of failing fast and how productive this can be for new businesses: we share stories and talk about what it’s like to do it all, the RIGHT way, with a family by your side. We present to you Clem and I’s interview with Tom Sylvester.
SPONSORS & SPECIAL OFFER
"The Boss for the Bossless"
- Real Accountable (RA) is Nick's call-you-out, hit-you-between-the-eyes, not gonna put up with your lame excuses, accountability for entrepreneurs looking to scale their business. You don't want a boss, but you need one...we'll hold your feet to the fire.
Learn more at RealAccountable.com
Free PDF Guide
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business download (no email address required) by clicking here
Productive on Purpose (P.O.P.) FB Group:
Text "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to join our P.O.P. Facebook Group for daily words of inspiration, weekly challenges, and a highly engaged community of like-minded productivity enthusiasts.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Show Starts! [3:10]
- The reality checker [4:30]
- Tom's most painful failure [6:00]
- The great conversation [12:00]
- Tom's favorite business failure [15:20]
- Passive "hands-off" business [18:40]
- Awakening possibilities [24:40]
- How can someone fail as quickly as one week? [27:00]
- The benefits of putting yourself in an uncomfortable position [29:50]
- Two questions to create clients [32:00]
- Tom's podcasting story [37:20]
- Tom's upfront help [39:30]
- Advice for Clem [42:00]
- Where to find Tom [44:11]