It's about getting feedback and listening...
If you listen, you'll continue to get closer and closer to living the lifestyle you desire, one steady step after the next.
This week’s episode is a special interview with Maria Matarelli. Maria is a Certified Scrum Trainer and the co-founder of Agile Marketing Academy. She’s the author of “Workaholic?: A 12-step guide to having a life AND getting things done”. Fun fact- she’s also an international DJ.
Maria reveals how she became interested in agile and how it’s impacted her life. We discuss the difference between agile and fast. (Spoiler alert: they’re not the same at all!) It’s critical to know the difference instead of moving about making changes at speed. We also dive into Maria’s book and talk about how she’s a recovering workaholic with a deep dive into how she got there, how she grew out of that state, and what she does to make sure she doesn’t fall back into it.
- Nick and Brittany's first interview [00:45]
- Who is Maria Matarelli? [1:15]
- Welcome Maria [2:32]
- Living the dream life [3:45]
- The "workaholic trial" [7:30]
- The iterative nature of work (the scrum framework) [14:30]
- How do you know what the right strategy is? [19:25]
- Introducing the Personal Agility Program (free online training) [21:33]
- How do you know when to stop testing? [23:20]
- What do you recommend for perfectionists? [28:15]
- How to find Maria Matarelli online [35:00]
- Maria's CHALLENGE for Snappy Nation [35:35]
THIS WEEK'S DOJO CHALLENGE
APPLYING AGILE AT WORK
Achieving your goals is about taking one simple step at a time. Break down what simple steps you can take right now to get you incrementally closer to your (previously unimaginable) goal.
Join the Facebook Group and take the challenge!
"Achieving your goals is about taking one simple step at a time. Break down what simple steps you can take right now to get you incrementally closer to your (previously unimaginable) goal."