You’re thinking about giving it all up...this is it. What will you do?
Josh Haynam, founder of the hugely successful tech company Interact, tells us all about how his small, struggling tech startup changed everything through simple routines. By making changes in his processes and how he and his team approached work, they finally busted through and started seeing results. Now his company Interact, a tool that lets you create quizzes to grow your email list, drive sales, and increase your social media presence is a massive success with over 50,000 customers!
Nick and Brittany discuss what it’s like to be in those hard moments and how to get back on track. Josh has seen the ups and downs and learned how to stay focused on processes that enhance creativity, rather than limit it! Josh also tells us a little more about how he’s used agile at Interact! You won’t want to miss this episode!
- Brittany claps for real [2:43]
- Welcome Josh [3:07]
- How Josh got started [3:35]
- Testing and validating Interact [4:25]
- Times of overwhelm and stress [5:56]
- What kept Josh going through the down times [8:00]
- The ONE thing Josh did to make the big change [9:35]
- That moment when it was REALLY bad [12:24]
- And then nothing happened [15:56]
- Josh's recommendation for keeping on track [20:00]
- A process for influencer marketing [22:07]
- Agile and managing projects for Josh [24:50]
- If Josh could go back and do it again [28:30]
- How to find Josh online [31:36]
- Josh's challenge for Snappy Nation
THIS WEEK'S DOJO CHALLENGE:
tRACK YOUR SIDE HUSTLE TIME
Join the Facebook Group and take the challenge!
We all know that if you don’t measure something it’s impossible to manage it. This challenge is for you, if you feel like you may not be making the best use of your side hustle time:
"Pick one habit, something really small that takes less than five minutes per day, do it at the same time every day and establish a new habit."
Participating in this challenge will force you to develop a new muscle for starting a healthy routine and move you from massive chaos to life satisfaction.
Selected links from the episode
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland & JJ Sutherland
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell