The one and only Tom Wolf from Identity & Destiny...
Tom Wolf is a serial entrepreneur who built six companies and sold five of them over the last 26 years. He is now building his 7th business, Identity and Destiny.
Through his study of business, entrepreneurship, corporate culture and success tools, Tom has created a solid base of experience and wisdom, rooted in a foundation of helping people find purpose.
Tom graduated from St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, with a B.S. in Accounting. It did not take long for Tom to realize that accounting wasn't aligned with his passion. Consequently, he decided to change course, and spent two years at Temple University in Philadelphia where he earned an MBA in Marketing.
As with any worthwhile endeavor in life, the growth and development of the six companies he built, was anything but straightforward. He almost went bankrupt twice, but stood firm in his belief that "failure was not an option".
He learned, grew and gained great wisdom from both successes and struggles.
"Passion is like a light, an indicator on your dashboard" - Tom Wolf
Tom grew up feeling like a gawky ugly duckling with thick glasses and no athletic abilities, often felt out-of-sync with what others wanted or expected from him and never felt quite good enough. He was always searching for a place where be could be “himself” and really shine.
For Tom and his family, it took years of trial and error, and lots of hard work to chase the American dream. Yet, somehow it was never enough to fill that void in his soul. It was not until he turned to God, that he found true fulfillment for the longings that had been left unsatisfied.
"There’s more to our story than a corporate resume. We are Success Coaches who believe the discovery of your God-given purpose is the foundation on which all fruitful lives are built." - Tom and Pam Wolf
Tom and his wife Pam are the founders of IdentityandDestiny.com and authors of the powerful book, Identity and Destiny – 7 Steps to a Purpose-Filled Life.
Tom Wolf is an incredible individual, with a fantastic business to help people find PURPOSE in their lives.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Horse Radio Network
- Stable Scoop (Nicks's First Tip on Avoiding Procrastination)
- Tom Wolf's Official Website
- Answer the question “Am I Living On Purpose?
- Identity and Destiny Workbook Resources
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
- Interview starts [4:05]
- Tom as the owner of (Identity and Destiny) [4:34]
- Finding and living in the sweet spot of life [5:04]
- The expert on purpose [7:10]
- Do people really know their purpose for existence? [8:15]
- Identity, Destiny and Assignment: 3 elements of Purpose [8:45]
- Links between vocation and purpose [10:31]
- Tom's career history [13:12]
- The "Passions" [14:35]
- Does finding your dream job include purpose? [16:05]
- Defining purpose with Tom's three elements [19:00]
- How do you transform our thoughts about living life with purpose? [20:40]
- The "transition experience" [21:40]
- How do you help people get ahead of the game? [23:40]
- Facing stumbling blocks and strategies for overcoming them [24::52]
- Strategies for overcoming limiting beliefs [27:45]
- Why am I here? [30:10]
- Five aspects of becoming the best version of ourselves [31:19]
- The "Five-Star Day" program [33:50]
- Find out more about Tom's work/Identity and Destiny [34:35]