When we feel called towards a higher purpose...
Struggles can be intense, and staying productive with purpose can seem impossible. Yet, "productivity" isn't productive if there's no purpose behind it. We can check things off our list all day long but if these things don't add up to something bigger, if they don't contribute to our "why," then we're not being productive at all.
Kit is currently working in a position not directly aligned with his true calling; yet, he understands the purpose of what he's doing because what he's doing gave him and his family the opportunity to take a leap of faith 18 months ago and come to Tampa to plant a church.
For the last 15 years, Kit Hentz has been serving the ministry full time, that is, up until the time he arrived in Tampa.
This coaching session with Kit dives into his struggles, family dynamics and even the fear that sets in when you take a leap of faith and go after your PURPOSE.
"Getting the ball rolling is sharing the vision and inviting the people intentionally to join us." - Kit Hentz
Kit moved to Tampa a year ago and served as a church staff in Jacksonville Florida. Besides ministry, the most important in his life is his FAMILY. Kit has been married for almost 13 years with four beautiful children.
This session was powerful to me because we took that vision, added a bit of CLARITY, and created logical steps of action that Kit and his family will take to move forward, a little closer towards his overarching purpose.
Things never go exactly as you’d expect them, but I always learn so much from the experience, and hopefully you do as well, and that you find them valuable.
It’s my wish that listeners will take the lessons learned from experiences like this one with Kit, or the past coaching sessions we’ve aired. Please enjoy my coaching session with my friend, Kit Hentz.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Welcome Kit Hentz on the show [3:25]
- Who is Kit? [5:20]
- What brought you to Tampa? [6:50]
- Planting a church is the "dream" [8:00]
- Is there anything that's slowing you down? [8:39]
- Kit's biggest fear [9:05]
- How to get the ball rolling? [10:24]
- What do you look for when it comes to an area in need? [12:38]
- Evaluating gaps and Kit's concerns [15:00]
- The statistics of reaching people for Jesus [16:06]
- Transparency and true feelings [17:00]
- The struggle with personal productivity [18:25]
- What did Kit learned over the years? [19:40]
- The ultimate "focus" of Kit's Church is to equip families [22:21]
- The vision for his church [23:50]
- Doing life together and taking "masks" off [24:30]
- What are Kit's execution strategies? [26:30]
- The questions about location and timing [27:30]
- What are the roles of a launch team? [28:34]
- Do you think you need decision around location? [29:39]
- How do you find the will of God? [31:00]
- Confidence is a result of taking action [32:20]
- Making a decision to be "okay" with whatever the outcome is [32:55]
- Waiting for the right "signs and signals" [34:03]
- What's are Kit's first steps to find community? [34:55]
- How do you know when your family is stable? [36:58]
- The roller coaster ride and getting knocked off of the path [38:20]
- Getting to know a new community [39:14]
- What can you do to get involved in your community? [40:00]
- Wherever our home is, that's where the school is [41:00]
- The time commitment and having calendars [43:20]
- Kit's request of Make it Snappy listeners [46:00]
- How to reach Kit [46:30]