Do we actually know how we’re spending our time?
Why is measuring productivity important?
Back by popular, uncontrollable, somewhat UNCOMFORTABLE demand is my wife, Nazach Rodriguez HYPHEN Snapp (you like the emphasis on hyphen, don't you)...
Yes, she's in the Snappified Studio as we turn the tables this week and give her the OPPORTUNITY to serve as your stand-in HOST!
It’s our NEW TOPIC of the MONTH…. and her 9-month-prego-self actually interviews me, your regular host, Nick Snapp!
We give a really nice snapshot (if I do say so myself, and no pun intended) on tracking time and how to figure out easy, tactical ways of improving how we spend our time.
Please do leave a comment, rating, review, and let her know how much you love la Señora de Productivity!
I always have a lot of fun on the podcast with my wife because it gives us this really unique forum for asking each other questions that we normally wouldn’t ask at the dinner table, or during family game night, etc.
This week’s episode of The Make it Snappy Productivity Show on our Topic of the Month, MEASURING PERFORMANCE.
- Interview Started [4:11]
- Taking a dive into "measuring productivity" [5:07]
- What do you think about POP (productivity on purpose)? [5:28]
- Why tracking your time is important? [7:00]
- Why Nazach is a "Calendar" person [8:14]
- How Nick fell in-love with atimelogger2 [9:50]
- Nick talks about a benificial app [11:30]
- Establishing a new habit [12:53]
- The "KISS" concept [14:08]
- How do you define productivity if you have not been tracking? [15:06]
- "If you can not measure it, you can not improve it." [15:20]
- The importance of "baseline" [17:00]
- Why Nazach believes that process oriented at home is a benifit [19:50]
- Answering the question "why are we doing what we do?" [20:30]
- What should I do first before Im committing to tracking? [21:33]
- Why Nick loves "toilet tuesday" [22:20]
- Outsourcing [24:00]
- Is it advantageous to have very many defined categories? [25:25]
- Why Nick uses "podcast bucket" [27:40]
- Why do you have to do it right when it comes to tracking time? [29:10]
- Why Nazach can't spend hours cleaning? [31:40]
- Discussion about "improvement" [33:00]
- Nick talks about a client business development [36:20]
- When would be the best time to assess how you are doing? [37:47]
- How to do an audio recording and ask questions [39:28]