Why on earth would anyone want to MEASURE PRODUCTIVITY? Can it even be done?
All month we'll be totally “geeking out” on how to effectively MEASURE productivity!
And this week I’m pleased to bring on to The Make it Snappy Productivity Show.
Our expert to discuss our TOPIC of the month, Measuring Productivity. MICHELLE AIKMAN!
She is an innovative career management consultant, professional resume writer,speaker, trainer, engineer, active-duty military spouse, fitness instructor, AND Mother of two.
Michelle, at the time of this recording had let’s just say a bunch of businesses and extracurricular activities she was running and diligently tracking her performance on each one.
"2016 Armed Forces Insurance Spouse of the Year Fairchild"
Michelle’s since zeroed-in on how she spends her time and is concentrating mostly on CERNO, her ADVENTURE LEARNING and personal development program where top company performers are nominated to participate in a program that challenges them to push themselves to the limit, in a fun and engaging, yet competitive environment.
The goal of CERNO is to help high performers remain engaged and motivated at work and operate at their full potential.
Michelle is a fascinating person and I truly enjoyed our conversation and Michelle’s take on tracking and measuring performance, especially with people interested in making a significant career change.
Please enjoy my interview with Michelle Aikman.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Michelle's Site
- Skilled Assets
- Horse Radio Network (Stable Scoop)
- First Tip on Avoiding Procrastination
- Welcome to the show Michelle! [4:27]
- What Michelle does in 4 words or less [5:23]
- Capturing productivity and quantifying benefits [6:50]
- Dealing with frustrations ("the change") [9:17]
- Preferring vs choosing to make a change [12:35]
- Turning constraints into opportunities [13:08]
- How do you continue to progress your career while continuously moving location? [15:00]
- Do you have a personal process for tracking your own metrics? [16:50]
- Tools and apps Michelle uses for personal processes [17:20]
- Communicating the results of work [21:00]
- Quantifiable information that can be collected from clients [22:39]
- Personal processes on day to day decisions ("goals") [26:07]
- When Michelle makes adjustments [27:26]
- Michelle's (unexpected) strategy for productivity [27:58]
- Metrics for keeping the family on track [29:30]
- The eye opening difficulties of "potty training" [32:30]
- How to communicate value [35:00]
- Transferring home skills to the professional workplace [35:53]
- Meal planning teaser [35:50]