You have it, yes you do!
Want to find YOUR hidden money? Process improvement and Lean/Six Sigma expert Charlie Strange is the man to help you figure out where to find it!
All month we’ve been talking about tracking time and measuring performance and I’m pleased to present to you an interesting perspective on what to do about it.
"If the quality does not increase along with the quantity your just producing more probably bad stuff" - Charlie Strange
For a Six Sigma geek, Charlie Strange has an incredibly diverse background, from acting to philosophy, to video game creation and now, process improvement. Charlie's the guy who breaks down this performance thing in a REALLY simple way, and brings it all back to ROI. He calls it “HIDDEN MONEY,” which is also the title of his new book.
If you’re in business, you may be find some hidden money of your own, just by simply listening to this episode of The Make it Snappy Productivity Show.
We’re releasing a FULL-LENGTH episode this week on Tuesday night (our new release day of the week). We called it a TWEENER, but it represents the first of many as we move closer and closer to two episodes per week.
So without further ado, I am pleased to present to you this week’s TWEENER, FULL-LENGTH episode of The Make it Snappy Productivity Show, with my fellow-Lean/Six Sigma geek, Charlie Strange.
(NICK JUST HAD A BABY ON THURSDAY PLEASE CUT US SOME SLACK - ISN'T HE PERFECT???)
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp: text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Interview starts [4:37]
- What's Charlie's definition of productivity? [5:57]
- What is your checking all the wrong things off your list? [7:14]
- What's your favorite metric for measuring productivity? [7:56]
- The "Cycle Time" [8:50]
- The "Hidden Money" [12:00]
- Why so many company have so many waste in their process [14:05]
- Charlie talks about his philosophy background [15:39]
- What drives Charlie nuts the most [17:00]
- How Charlie applies isixsigma [19:00]
- Sigma tools' Consistency and success rate [21:08]
- Charlie explains "Data Transfer" - [22:33]
- What strikes Charlie the most? [23:25]
- The phrase called "Realocating Resource" [24:47]
- The success of a company according to Charlie [27:38]
- The first question a solopreneur should take note [29:44]
- Creating a "standardization" that the customer craves [31:45]
- The relaase of Charlie's book and discounts [33:35]
- What do you think makes your book different? [35:17]
- The number one take-away from Charlie's book that readers could experience [37:15]
- The story of Charlie's famous coat [37:40]
- Charlie's closing statements [40:15]