So we started with “purpose,”
and we learned to keep it concept front and center. Now, we’re transitioning to “performance.”
Today I present to you, The Performance Panel.
You’ve listened Snappy Nation ("Snappation" for short)...and you’ve responded.
You’ve taken the time to record your questions on our website, and we’re by golly gonna take the time to answer them!
We’re treating you to another 45-minutes of ear candy as you listen to Dr. “Let it Flow’s” silky smooth voice along with myself, and a FIRST-TIME guest on the The Make it Snappy Productivity Show, Mr. Ky Phan.
"I'm not getting up early enough to go work out but, I will get up early enough to get my mind prepared" - Clem Harrod
What’s cool about Ky, is that he plays off his name almost as much as I do with mine. Whereas I might make “Snapp” decisions, he makes "Ky” choices 😃.
Ky Phan is The Manager of Continuous Improvement for a major Fortune 500 manufacturing Company located throughout Central Florida, North & South America and other parts of the WORLD…
He’s got a ton of LEAN/SIX SIGMA expertise and he shares it beautifully in this episode.
Ky REALLY steps it up on the technical knowledge front so I found it to be a really cool and interesting, flowing dynamic within The Performance Panel for this episode.
If you LIKE this Q&A format and you have ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL about productivity, head on over to http://makeitsnappyshow.com/question and record your question for us to answer via our panel NEXT month by clicking here.
I’m sure you'll enjoy our FEATURED episode of The Make it Snappy Productivity Show, with The Performance Panel.
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp: text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
RELATED & RECOMMENDED POSTS
- Presenting the Performance Panel! [3:48]
- Who is Ky Phan? [4:44]
- How do you avoid over tracking your time? (Question from Jeff Page) [6:12]
- Understanding Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) [7:30]
- Tracking by "Looking at the Big Picture" [8:52]
- The Six Sigma: "y is the function of x" [11:14]
- What buckets do you use to break your time up into? (Question from Lindsay) [12:23]
- Why tracking the actual amount of time is not for everybody [14:20]
- Focusing on the "Four Key Nuggets" [16:05]
- How do we doubly increase productivity in the unionized environment? (Question from Stefan) [18:15]
- The importance of developing trust between union and management [20:42]
- The expectation vs agreements [22:11]
- Stepping your game up and expecting the worst [24:29]
- "Drive" and the "Shared Alignment and Objective" [26:09]
- Is there any productivity benefits to working out in the morning or working out at night? (Ques from Tom) [26:49]
- What's the morning exercise that makes your day productive? [28:16]
- How Clem starts his morning routine [29:42]
- How do you fight back procrastination and make sure your to-do list gets done on time? (Question from Ani Alexander) [32:10]
- The impact of doing the most important things in the morning [33:41]
- Why do we procrastinate? [34:50]
- How Clem follows the nice "flow" [36:05]
- The "Visual Management" principle [37:50]
- Why do you think it is advantageous to track your performance? [38:50]
- How do you translate your Lean/Six Sigma methodology to your personal life? [40:15]
- Where do you want your life to be twelve months from now? [42:28]