Lean/Six Sigma projects are only for engineer nerds, right?
When Michelle Aikman was a stay-at-home Mom, she used Six Sigma to make her meal planning, prep and execution process more efficient. It’s a super-interesting discussion completely aligned with this month’s “home-routine” theme!
Besides Lean/Six Sigma meal prep, Michelle Aikman is an innovative career management consultant, professional resume writer, speaker, trainer, engineer, active-duty military spouse, fitness instructor, AND Mother of two…who has a really innovative ADVENTURE LEARNING business called Cerno.
Cerno is an Adventure Learning and personal development program where top company performers are nominated to participate in a program that challenges them to push themselves to the limit, in a fun and engaging, yet competitive environment.
The goal of Cerno is to help high performers remain engaged and motivated at work and operate at their full potential.
Michelle and I get into not only meal prep, but sleep habits, adventure learning and more! This interview is actually Part 2 of our original interview we conducted for Episode 20, where we focused on Measuring Performance.
If you haven’t listened, or you want a refresh on our previous conversation, you can always check out our show notes for Episode 20 by clicking here.
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222 to setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Part two interview with Michelle starts [3:19]
- Taking something from home to the professional workplace [4:17]
- Certain things that you just can't find at Costco [5:38]
- How many times does Michelle grocery shop in a month? [6:54]
- How do you come up with your "menu"? [7:24]
- How can we optimize our meal planning process? [8:23]
- The engineering (six sigma) meal planning project [9:30]
- Little incremental changes can make a huge difference [10:56]
- The "small decisions" [11:27]
- How helpful is this project to all those who are at home all the time? [12:23]
- What's the trigger point for re-stocking? [12:50]
- Apps that Michelle likes for meal planning [14:00]
- The importance of never sacrificing your sleep [17:17]
- No sleep = nothing happens [18:36]
- Where to find Michelle online [19:18]
- Cerno (the newest brand) [20:35]