If you follow me on my weekly Blab broadcast, you probably know Jeff! He’s one of my favorite blabbers of all time.
I’ve been connected with Jeff for quite a while now and I’ve always been fascinated by all the innovative ways he’s kept it together with eight, yes EIGHT, children at home (they make reality TV shows about families this size, you know)...
The newest member of Hectic Manor, Jeff’s home, the place where all the magic home-routine goodness happens, is 2-year old Tristen, whom Hectic Dad calls the Hectic-Grandson.
I love this interview! I learned so much from Jeff: from making the best use of family time during car rides, to sports and after-school activities, to putting together a family-rule book (the Hectic Playbook).
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222 to setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen Covey
- Welcoming the Hectic Dad [3:23]
- How Jeff created an innovative and productive home routine [4:20]
- Jeff and his family dynamics [5:20]
- Jeff's "hectic" story [6:16]
- Coaching six youth soccer teams simultaneously? is it possible? [7:23]
- Patterns that Jeff noticed with his routines [8:46]
- Jeff likes it best as a dad, when things were chaotic [11:36]
- Values, priorities and the question "why?" [13:21]
- The most productive habit Jeff's instilled as a father of 8 [14:32]
- Checklists and shared calendars [15:56]
- The Hectic Playbook [16:46]
- Kids and boundaries (the seven questions) [18:19]
- The AHA! moment about how doing things more productively around the house [20:00]
- The "Hakuna Matata" experience [21:44]
- What do you recommend new parents start doing immediately to get the most of their time? [23:15]
- Involving kids and preparing them for the real world [26:32]
- Innovative car time with kids [28:17]
- What’s the most efficient way to prep meals at your house? [31:11]
- Who are your recipes best suited for? [35:47]
- Do you have ways to get chores done around the house? [36:38]
- The "huge job-list" [37:19]
- What are some of the most useful checklists you’ve developed through the years? [39:48]
- How to find Jeff online[42:39]