You haven't seen productivity until you've seen it on steroids...
In every sense of the word, Michigan native Mike Lamentola is a truly productive guy, both at work and at home.
As a media company owner and producer, productivity and “wonder” junkie, Mike works tirelessly to increase his efficiency and create processes for getting things done quickly.
He's also a one-of-a-kind father of two and home routine expert!
During our interview, we went through Mike's innovative process for getting chores done like a champion and establishing a productive mindset. We even talked about how he squeezes in time for date night every week! (whoa)
Mike does it all while running his media-company side hustle at home while working full-time.
Mike lives in the Detroit, Michigan area and I love the excitement and raw grit Mike brings to the world productivity and media.
From the Pomodoro time cube, to family-chore charts, to Kanban systems for re-stocking the cupboards, Mike’s "making it Snappen" day-in and day-out.
Thank you Mike so much for being on the show and giving us your insight for effectively running a finely-tuned household!
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222 to setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp
- Text the word "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to get a link to join POP Facebook Group
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Family Chore Schedule Sheet
- The Pomodoro Technique
- Parkinson's Law
- Tampa Bay Business Owners
- Mike and the Beard
- The Unicycle Cop
- Miami Mainstream
- Kanban system
- Calendars 5
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
- Interview begins [1:57]
- How everything started for Mike [3:45]
- "Mike's work is amazing" - Nick [5:40]
- Tools that Mike uses for household chores [6:47]
- Is this a joint effort? [8:22]
- Michael Gerber and David Allen's influence [9:45]
- Productivity with a purpose [10:50]
- What else when it comes to home routines? [12:37]
- Selections of things to do [14:42]
- Trampolines and multi-tasking [15:35]
- Mike the "meal planning" advocate [16:39]
- Eliminating decision fatigue [17:42]
- "Paradox of Choice" and buyer's remorse [18:45]
- Grocery shopping system [21:03]
- Timer cube for studio tasks [23:37]
- What to do when you miss-estimate how long it will take? [24:38]
- Mike on "Mental Priming" [26:57]
- How Mike works after kids go down [28:20]
- Setting a timer to cut off chores [30:30]
- Cleaning [31:33]
- Liking the beard [34:42]
- How to connect with Mike [36:00]