If you’re thinking of starting a side hustle...
or if you’re already “in the hustle” don’t fall into the same trap I did!
Starting a side hustle can be a fantastic learning experience and an excellent opportunity to express your creativity and build something you can truly call your own - just make sure you know your "why."
This week on Blab, I outlined my hit-you-between-the-eyes description of how NOT to side-hustle, so you can check yourself and maintain a healthy course throughout your side hustle experience.
Side hustles are sexy, but if you’re a parent, it’s not all about you anymore.
While there’s a ton of reasons why you should, there’s an even greater number of non-sexy, overlooked reasons why some of you shouldn’t, especially if you’re a parent.
If you’re toying with the idea of starting a side hustle or if you’re already on it, I’d like to offer the three biggest mistakes, guaranteed to crush your side hustle productivity.
My only hope is this week’s episode of The Make it Snappy Productivity Show will help you maintain focus on your “why."
There’s not a lot of people out there who’ll shoot it to you straight these days. There’s far too many who want you to believe you can do it all so they can sell you something.
Just remember, you can do ANYTHING, but you can’t do everything.
As parents, we need to be relentless about understanding what’s important, and what we’re saying “no” to, in exchange for the side hustle.
Stay productive on purpose.
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222 to setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp
- Text the word "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to get a link to join our Productivity on Purpose (P.O.P.) Facebook Group and receive Nick's
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
RELATED & RECOMMENDED POSTS
- Show starts (the three biggest side-hustle mistakes) [2:12]
- Mistake one "answering your question why" [3:00]
- Parental consequences for side hustling [4:15]
- How do side-hustles fire get burnout? [5:39]
- Side-hustle to full-time hustle [6:30]
- Mistake two "sacrificing family time" [8:00]
- How can you negotiate the right time and place to work on your side-hustle? [9:18]
- Mistake three "no deadlines" [10:25]
- The side-hustle and the side-hobby [11:47]
- Accountability [12:40]
- Should we side-hustle after all? [13:45]
- Being brave vs being reckless [15:00]