Hacking corporate isn’t unethical or illegal, but there’s a right way to do it
...and a wrong way. I took the time to break down in detail what I did throughout my career to achieve more, while working less in a large office setting. We get into how-to’s and how not-to’s.
In short, hacking through corporate noise must FIRST serve the company best. If an employee consistently asks him or herself how he or she can best add value to the company, eliminating corporate noise will inevitably bubble up to the surface.
It’s not okay to have a completely self-serving attitude when looking for unconventional tactics for getting the right things done in a corporate setting. The key is finding a connection between what the company needs and your personal lifestyle preferences.
There are a ton of layers associated with hacking Corporate, but every successful corporate hacker knows it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Key points throughout my broadcast include the following:
- planting seeds
- setting boundaries early
- asking forgiveness, not permission
- figuring out creative ways to escape your desk
- cutting off human interruptions
- cutting off email interruptions
- LEADING by example
I’d love to hear your feedback on whether hacking corporate would work for you. Please leave a comment and join the discussion!
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222 to setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp
- Text the word "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to get a link to join our Productivity on Purpose (P.O.P.) Facebook Group and receive Nick's
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- What is hacking corporate and what's the purpose? [4:39]
- Life goals and adding value to the company [6:00]
- Setting boundaries "getting out of the cubicle situation" [08:09]
- Agreements between supervisors [9:00]
- Asking for forgiveness and not for permission [9:30]
- Email distractions [11:00]
- The allotted three minutes time for cubicle visitations [16:09]
- How do you escape the office? [17:23]
- Finding another place to work [19:08]
- Accountability [23:00]
- Story about "performing well" [25:00]