Delight is indeed in the details...
...and the details require a focused life.
Shawn Blanc lives and teaches that focused life to a world class level. Shawn is a husband, dad, writer, small-business owner, and creative entrepreneur.
For more than a decade, Shawn Blanc has been teaching and learning about creativity, diligence, and focus. His online course, The Power of a Focused Life, is about doing your best creative work without sacrificing the balance between your work and personal life.
I’ve been fascinated by Shawn and his content for months now because he’s a thinker.
He’s the creative most creatives strive to emulate because when you read his material, you leave with either great ideas, or great questions, mostly of yourself. I feel truly privileged to have him on the show.
Shawn's stated many times, “you can’t afford not to sweat the details.” Thank you Shawn for being such a fantastic guest on this episode of The Make it Snappy Productivity Show.
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222 to setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp
- Text the word "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to get a link to join our Productivity on Purpose (P.O.P.) Facebook Group and receive Nick's free guide to help parents get their time back
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Are you ready to Make it Snappy? [2:08]
- Shawn's two modes of work [4:20]
- Have you found your purpose? [6:01]
- How do you get on the same page with your spouse? [10:34]
- Annual family planning and weekly family touch point [12:50]
- Shawn's story about quitting his job [14:50]
- When you are the bread winner...[17:10]
- What happens without your family's support? [18:40]
- "Monk Mode" vs "Publishing Mode" [21:10]
- Shawn's first four years work life? [23:35]
- Balancing long-term and short-term strategy [28:09]
- Bringing other people into the creative process [32:20]
- Shawn's eight to eleven project [33:20]
- How do you build a good habit? [37:20]
- Lack of personal integrity [39:24]
- One simple thing to focus [41:30]
- Helping your future self [43:00]
- How did you get into focus? [45:30]
- What was it like to break a concrete brick with your hand? [49:18]
- Where to find Shawn [50:40]