The “Focus Panel” brings it strong!
We brought in the heavy hitters for this month’s "Focus Panel!" It was a truly value-added conversation and I had such a good time I wish I could re-live it again!
Next is my man Law Smith, who’s currently an active Comedian, hailing from Tampa, FL. Law is also the Chief Operations Officer and Co-founder of Tocobaga Consulting, an innovative branding and marketing firm in Ybor City, FL. Law is the host of the Sweat Equity and Triple Option podcast and an impressive guy who’s truly focused and process-oriented.
We had a beautifully productive cast of characters on the show this week and there’s no doubt you’ll enjoy The Focus Panel.
Leave us a comment below and let us know how you plan to use this information to focus effectively in the future.
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222 to setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp
- Text the word "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to get a link to join our Productivity on Purpose (P.O.P.) Facebook Group and receive Nick's free guide to help parents get their time back
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Make It Snappy Strategy Application
- Day One
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
- Introducing the Focus Panel! [5:40]
- What has been the biggest win for Mike when it comes to daily focus? [7:31]
- Fragmanted vs. segmented to-do lists [10:20]
- A glimpse into the world of stand-up comedy (the Red Roof Inn) [12:30]
- Asking primal questions [14:43]
- Mike's stand-up comedy insight [16:20]
- Three-dimensional people [20:00]
- Escapism [21:00]
- "How I can better not get lost in all the details, I’d love some advice about how to best focus on just the task at hand." (Question from Mindy) [22:28]
- Notification distractions [25:02]
- Mike's "three absolutes" and the danger of due dates [27:55]
- On starting something and the one thing [31:37]
- "How to stay focused on the big plan when all these immediate goals come up and it’s kind of like short-term rewards?" (Question from Toriano) [34:40]
- Clem's "non-negotiable" [37:31]
- Fame, fortune and freedom [38:47]
- Journaling [41:00]
- Jokes and stay-at-home moms [44:40]
- The big dry erase board [47:49]
- "My question is about focus and how to gt it started. Once I’m in the mode I can go for hours and time just flies and I get it done, but the harder part is getting into that focus mode, what do you know about that?" (Question from Carissa) [50:00]
- The morning routine jigsaw puzzle [52:45]
- "What advice would you give somebody who is interested in leaving their FT corporate job to pursue an entrepreneur-type career?" (Question from Anonymous) [54:50]
- Taking action without being reckless [57:20]
- Taking a leave from corporate (Mike's story) [59:27]
- "How do you maintain focus when you have meetings and disruptions?" (Question from Mike) [1:03:11]
- Do not disturb [1:05:55]
- Creating simple, understandable boundaries [1:08:00]
- Parting words for Make it Snappy listeners [1:08:40]