I think I’ll put this episode out later...
Nazach and I talk about how procrastination at work and at home affects the Snapp family and like most things, it all pertains to whether we’re getting the right tasks done or blowing them off.
Most of the procrastination I’ve faced has to do with the fear of the unknown. The natural thing for us to do is run from our fears or procrastinate on them.
Yet, there are ways we can develop the habit to do the opposite and actually gravitate towards them. Humans naturally resist change, so what do we need to do?
Change more. Change often.
Team Snapp also dives into practical, tactical strategies we use in our house to avoid procrastination from tools to mindset, to agreements and routines.
Enjoy this presentation of The Make it Snappy Productivity Show, on this month’s topic, procrastination. Don’t forget to leave us a comment and tell us about what you’ve been procrastinating on this week!
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business
- Text the word "PRODUCTIVE" to 44222 to setup a powerful coaching conversation w/Nick Snapp
- Text the word "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to get a link to join our Productivity on Purpose (P.O.P.) Facebook Group and receive Nick's free guide to help parents get their time back
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Show starts [2:00]
- Procrastination as getting the right tasks done [3:00]
- Cold showers [6:00]
- What are other reasons why somebody procrastinate? [8:27]
- When you pull the trigger [10:30]
- Nick's procrastination and the not detailed enough plans [12:43]
- Knowing what you need to do vs how you need to do it [15:20]
- The ideal "Yes and No" for coaches [18:42]
- Ignoring the maybes [20:32]
- Process driven why [23:00]
- Step back, think back [24:48]
- Get a scheduler [27:00]
- Forgetfulness and Calendar [31:00]
- The sand bucket [33:00]
- Parkinsons Law [36:00]
- Family Goals [38:10]
- Team Snapp Meeting [40:40]
- Amazing guests [44:00]