Everyone has a wheel of life…
In this wheel there are spokes for the various areas we experience…but what I learned is that if you’ve nailed your ONE thing, it will serve as the axle to keep the wheel on the truck so everything rolls smoothly.
That pretty much sums it up right there, doesn’t it?
I say it all the time but it’s the truth…productivity is not about checking things off your to-do list, it’s about checking off the right things.
You can check Erik out at BeyondtheTodolist.com, subscribe to his podcast where he talks with real people who practically implement productivity strategies in their professional and personal lives. He goes through both the failures and the successes but ultimately it’s about leading meaningful lives.
I really enjoyed our conversation this episode; we talked candidly about the non-stop, never-ending hustle mentality and contrasted it with learning to pace yourself. As two productivity guys, we even dive into what it feels like to walk the “productivity talk,” and maintain a productive lifestyle as we teach others to do the same.
Prison Break Coaching Program:
- Apply for Nick's new Prison Break Coaching Program to help overwhelmed entrepreneurs find freedom, and get so hyper-productive they'll be able to take Friday's off (if they want to). Click here to apply, and/or text PRISONBREAK to 44222 (you'll also pick up my brand new "Blueprint PDF" to get started on breaking out of your overwhelming prison cell).
Free PDF Guide:
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business download (no email address required) by clicking here
Productive on Purpose (P.O.P.) FB Group:
- Text "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to join our P.O.P. Facebook Group for daily words of inspiration, weekly challenges, and a highly engaged community of like-minded productivity enthusiasts.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
- Steve Dotto, Erik Fisher and Mike Vardy on Productivity in Social Media
- Ready Aim Fire!: A Practical Guide To Setting And Achieving Goals (Beyond The To Do List Book 1)
- Procrastinate on Purpose by Rory Vaden
- Show Starts [00:22]
- Assuming productivity is easy... [3:30]
- Hypocrisy and forgiveness [5:30]
- What are you currently struggling with in terms of productivity? [7:57]
- It's all about pacing [10:36]
- Erik's confession [13:00]
- The Wheel of Life [16:00]
- Spiritual aspect [18:44]
- Defining success with your wife [20:30]
- The difference between priorities and focus [22:22]
- Overarching long terms 24:00
- Erik's ONE Thing [26:38]
- Erik's process [29:20]
- It's not all about the to-do list [31:00]
- The pivot point [33:10]
- Creating (almost) a habit [36:00]
- Where to find Erik [38:00]