Many great concepts are born from unlikely places…
In the case of Craig Ballantyne, he started from a place of anxiety. How does it feel to hear your alarm clock go off only to flip to your side and check your email?
Not good. Is this the life you want to live? Of course not.
Craig’s been helping people get after it so they can get more done, make more money and still get home on time for dinner since the 90’s. Craig Ballantyne is a Productivity & Success Transformation Coach from Toronto and the author of The Perfect Day Formula: How to Own the Day and Control Your Life.
He has been contributing to Men's Health magazine since 2000, and in 2001, Craig created the popular home workout program, Turbulence Training. On his journey to success, Craig had to overcome crippling anxiety attacks, and he beat them with his 5 Pillars of Transformation. Today Craig shows men and women how to use the 5 Pillars to lose 10 to 75 pounds, get a raise and make more money, find the love of their life, and overcome any obstacle in the way of success.
You can read his daily essays on success, productivity, and fitness at EarlyToRise.com. What I really enjoyed about our conversation is how Craig exploited many of the flaws in popular thinking in the entrepreneurship space. It definitely starts with health and fitness, but we talked little about self-care, and more about not wasting time on meaningless work.
Special Pre-Sale Offer Before Christmas!
- Real Accountable (RA) is Nick's call-you-out, hit-you-between-the-eyes, not gonna put up with your lame excuses, accountability for entrepreneurs.
My BETA test group is going on right now and it's been such a massive success that we're planning to grow this program to 200 hard-hitting entrepreneurs in 2017. From now until Christmas, lock your seat at 23% off the normal price, which comes out to about $75/month.
So if you want in, text SNAPPY to 44222 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Real Accountable" in the subject line.
Free PDF Guide:
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business download (no email address required) by clicking here
Productive on Purpose (P.O.P.) FB Group:
- Text "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to join our P.O.P. Facebook Group for daily words of inspiration, weekly challenges, and a highly engaged community of like-minded productivity enthusiasts.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Internet Freedom
- Rescue Time
- 2010 Blackberry Phone
- Craig's Free Gift
- Craig's Book The Perfect Day Formula
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
- The One Thing
- Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- 14 Things Successful People Do Before Breakfast
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Show starts! [2:18]
- Fitness industry start-up [3:42]
- What's the parallel between fitness and productivity? [4:00]
- The One Thing for Craig [7:15]
- Craig's morning routine [9:00]
- Frustration in morning rituals [12:00]
- A productive guy according to Craig [14:40]
- Wake-up time deviation consequences [16:10]
- Process goals to outcome goals [17:20]
- Why do you think process goals are more prevalent? [19:00]
- What balance do you recommend to the listeners from your routine on the process of running businesses [21:16]
- Aiming bulls-eye [23:20]
- Craig's time tracking [25:00]
- The not to do list [26:30]
- Building fence teaching [28:30]
- 2007 anxiety experience [30:45]
- Decluttering your life [34:00]
- Where to find Craig [35:00]