Either way, author, executive, corporate speaker, Jay Papasan is not only a best-selling author, he serves as vice president and executive editor at Keller Williams Realty International, the worlds largest real estate company and he’s the vice president of KellerINK, co-owner of Keller Capital and co-owner with his wife Wendy of Papasan Properties Group with Keller Williams Realty in Austin, Texas.
All I can say is what a great guy! Jay and I covered everything ONE thing, but not only in business, like you would expect, but we took it to home life, to marriage, to France, and we even managed to answer a few burning questions you sent me as Make it Snappy listeners.
The thing I enjoyed most about this interview is how the conversation flowed into almost every aspect of life, which truly showcases the power of The ONE Thing concept.
SPONSORS & SPECIAL OFFERS
Snappinars Productivity Workshops
- The Snappinar: Productivity Workshops will show you how to stop wasting time and energy and start getting so hyper-productive you could take a day off each week.
- Here's how it works:
- You get the strategy
- You ask the questions
- You get straight-up answers
- You get to work
Simple and effective. Click here for your free two-week trial!
Special Pre-Sale Offer Before Christmas!
- Real Accountable (RA) is Nick's call-you-out, hit-you-between-the-eyes, not gonna put up with your lame excuses, accountability for entrepreneurs.
My BETA test group is going on right now and it's been such a massive success that we're planning to grow this program to 200 hard-hitting entrepreneurs in 2017. From now until Christmas, lock your seat at 23% off the normal price, which comes out to about $75/month.
So if you want in, text SNAPPY to 44222 or email me: email@example.com with "Real Accountable" in the subject line.
Free PDF Guide
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business download (no email address required) by clicking here
Productive on Purpose (P.O.P.) FB Group:
- Text "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to join our P.O.P. Facebook Group for daily words of inspiration, weekly challenges, and a highly engaged community of like-minded productivity enthusiasts.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- The One Thing 411
- The One Thing
- Jay's Site
- Keller Inc
- Keller Williams Realty International
- Keller Capital
- Papasan Properties Group
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
- The 10x Rule
- The One Thing
- The Portrait Of A Failure
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter--And How to Make the Most of Them Now
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance
- Show Starts [5:00]
- What else are you excited about right now? [6:27]
- What is your favorite story about living in France? [9:00]
- How did you learn french in the first place? [11:46]
- Polyglotism principle [14:50]
- How Jay re-examine their five year plan with wife [15:50]
- How goal setting started for Jay and who brought it up [18:32]
- Goal setting evolution as of now! [20:50]
- What concept did Jay borrowed from Gary? [23:20]
- Have you always been entrepreneurial? [25:55]
- What goes on in Jay's marriage life and how does he handle it? [27:00]
- Failure in communication consequences [29:40]
- "What if you were to pick the wrong ONE Thing, how long should it you take you to realize you picked the wrong one thing and retreat or try something else, or should you never give up once you think something is your one thing?" (Question from Brittany) [32:20]
- Commitments [34:40]
- "I know in the past I’ve had at least one person who’s a mentor, cheerleader, supporter-type, but what if I don’t have ONE person now? Is that going to mess me up and make me less productive or successful, and if I can’t identify someone right now, is there another strategy that could be used as a substitute?" (Question from Debbie) [38:25]
- Successful people according to Jay [40:00]
- "What happens when you can’t define what the ONE thing should be? When you can’t identify the direction?" (Question from Joe) [42:40]
- Direction elimination [43:45]
- Finding purpose [45:00]
- "Why do people settle when innovation is ALWAYS an option?" Question by Jeff [44:40]
- Jay's biggest default and how he improved it [49:00]
- Words of wisdom from [53:10]
- The "power of one" to "the one thing" [55:00]
- Where to find Jay [56:45]