Is it really possible to make all 1,440 minutes in your day count?
Well, it depends on how you look at it. At the end of your 1,440 day, it’s all about being intentional with your time.
My guest, Productivity Scientist (love that) Brittany Joiner gives us the insight and the tools she uses to make the most of her minutes. She believes life is too short and there’s way too much awesome stuff to do.
Brittany is the founder of Project 1440.co, a business that helps people use their time to the best of their ability with a goal of helping one million people figure out what they’re meant to do and then make it happen. By day, she’s a Marketing Analyst for Causely and when she’s not working or studying about productivity, you can find her doing Crossfit or watching Parks & Recreation.
I have been communicating online for a little while now, in fact she’s super-active in my Productive on Purpose (P.O.P.) Facebook group as well. The thing I like about Brittany is her practical application of productivity concepts to her day-to-day life. She gives some nice insight into leveraging productivity tools and applying them to the various awesome things we need to accomplish in life. She has a ton of positive, contagious energy and she’s a fantastic tool geek!
Big thanks to Brittany for being an awesome guest on The Make it Snappy Productivity Show.
SPONSORS & SPECIAL OFFERS
The Snappinar: Productivity Workshops
- The Snappinar: Productivity Workshops will show you how to stop wasting time and energy and start getting so hyper-productive you could take a day off each week.
- Here's how it works:
- You get the strategy
- You ask the questions
- You get straight-up answers
- You get to work
Simple and effective. Click here for your free two-week trial!
Special Pre-Sale Offer Before Christmas!
- Real Accountable (RA) is Nick's call-you-out, hit-you-between-the-eyes, not gonna put up with your lame excuses, accountability for entrepreneurs.
My BETA test group is going on right now and it's been such a massive success that we're planning to grow this program to 200 hard-hitting entrepreneurs in 2017. From now until Christmas, lock your seat at 23% off the normal price, which comes out to about $75/month.
So if you want in, text SNAPPY to 44222 or email me: email@example.com with "Real Accountable" in the subject line.
Free PDF Guide
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business download (no email address required) by clicking here
Productive on Purpose (P.O.P.) FB Group:
Text "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to join our P.O.P. Facebook Group for daily words of inspiration, weekly challenges, and a highly engaged community of like-minded productivity enthusiasts.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Project 1440
- Google Sheet
- Pomodoro Timer
BOOKS & PODCASTS MENTIONED
- The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
- Productivity 1,440 minutes at a time with Brittany Joiner
- Show starts [3:46]
- Are we better or worse with productivity tools? [5:25]
- Playing your "A" game [7:40]
- Making every minute count, making the most of your life [8:30]
- Planning & intentionality [11:50]
- How does a productivity enthusiast avoid the pitfall of productivity tools? [14:40]
- A reasonable amount of time to learn the tool [18:00]
- Underrated Google Sheets and how Brittany uses them [20:20]
- Tell us about a time when you were 100% hyper-productive and in the “flow” while using a productivity tool [25:50]
- How can people get into the flow when they are using tools? [28:50]
- Brit's process when brainstorming [30:50]
- Why Brittany chose Trello instead of Asana [33:00]
- Brittany's morning routine [36:00]
- How Brittany handles her to-do list [39:00]
- What’s your favorite example of how you’ve helped people add value at Project 1440? [42:40]
- Where to find Brittany [45:20]
- Words of wisdom [46:30]