There’s only so much time in the day when you’re side hustling…
So leverage every moment using tools that actually help you, rather than distract you from what needs to get done. My guest today, Shawn Razek, is an electrical engineer, aspiring entrepreneur and productivity hacker who’ll show you a thing or two about productivity tools.
After graduating from college with an Electrical Engineering degree, he went off to work for Corporate America. Though he liked his job and he was good at it, he didn't feeling like he was helping anyone.
Consequently, Shawn decided to move to San Francisco and join a face-paced start-up working at a Neuroscience company focused on helping people with their motor skills (i.e. stroke rehabilitation).
Growing up, Shawn’s always been well aware of the limited amount of time we have in a day. There's only so much sunlight in the day to play with friends, limited time to run after class, and now only so much time to do life done when working a full-time job.
Over his short career he has been able to successfully prioritize his time between a full time start-up job, his own start-up himself, traveling to China every six weeks, and keeping a successful relationship with his girlfriend.
Shawn’s long-term vision is to be an entrepreneur create his own products that help people while simultaneously at providing them with jobs and careers.
I enjoyed Shawn and I’s conversation because he painted such a clear picture of what real life looks like for a young side hustler working hard to put his own value out into the world. He gives us a ton of insight and I’m excited for you to listen!
SPONSORS & SPECIAL OFFERS
The Snappinar: Productivity Workshops
- The Snappinar: Productivity Workshops will show you how to stop wasting time and energy and start getting so hyper-productive you could take a day off each week.
- Here's how it works:
- You get the strategy
- You ask the questions
- You get straight-up answers
- You get to work
Simple and effective. Click here for your free two-week trial!
Special Pre-Sale Offer Before Christmas!
- Real Accountable (RA) is Nick's call-you-out, hit-you-between-the-eyes, not gonna put up with your lame excuses, accountability for entrepreneurs.
My BETA test group is going on right now and it's been such a massive success that we're planning to grow this program to 200 hard-hitting entrepreneurs in 2017. From now until Christmas, lock your seat at 23% off the normal price, which comes out to about $75/month.
So if you want in, text SNAPPY to 44222 or email me: email@example.com with "Real Accountable" in the subject line.
Free PDF Guide
- How to Create 71 More Minutes Per Day for Your Family Without Sacrificing Your Business download (no email address required) by clicking here
Productive on Purpose (P.O.P.) FB Group:
- Text "ACCOUNTABLE" to 44222 to join our P.O.P. Facebook Group for daily words of inspiration, weekly challenges, and a highly engaged community of like-minded productivity enthusiasts.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Show Starts [3:36]
- What’s the best piece of productivity advice you’ve ever received and what did you do with it? [5:46]
- Why Shawn loves (but is scared) of his parents [8:30]
- A day-in-the-life of Shawn Razek and the tools he leverages [10:15]
- Reading before bed [12:18]
- Apps Shawn uses [15:00]
- Shawn and Gmail [16:15]
- Tell us your story about starting your business [19:41]
- How Shawn created Vista List [23:00]
- How do you find time for your side hustle? [26:45]
- What motivates Shawn? [29:00]
- An agreement between Shawn and his girlfriend [31:37]
- What’s your greatest strength? [36:00]
- Fun distractions role playing [38:18]
- The best thing about Vista List [41:50]
- Where to find Shawn [44:50]
- Words of wisdom [46:00]